• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Do guinea pigs like being scratched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkadelicfred

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just got a guinea pig, my first one, a few weeks ago and I tried scratching/massaging him with my fingers on his back and he starts making funny purring noises and then he tries sniffing my hand while I;m doing it and sometimes he will flop over on his side. Does this mean he likes it or should I stop?

Lol obviously enjoying it ;)
I have two that love nothing more than a firm head scratch lol

Welcome to the forum!

Sound like he is loving it, most piggies have tickle spot by there shoulders on their back, that when scratched makes them flop down and jump :)) Have found it with 4 of our girls, Cookie loves it for a few minutes but will soon run off :)

Be great to see photos of your piggie, If you would like to share photos of your piggies with us, you need a free photobucket account and then follow details on thsi thread http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/...ial-Posting-Pictures-In-Threads-(Photobucket)

Hi and welcome to the forum. Agreed my piggies are the same...but only last a few mins then thy hop away hehe :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back