• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Do I ever get over

Jerry Tom

New Born Pup
Reaction score
One of my guinea pig died on Monday. I’m devastated. After visiting the vet he actually never recovered. On Monday I was thinking to take him back to the vet but wasn’t sure is it not too much for him. I could see how much he suffered. He got better after last vet visit but was never the same.
He is in my freezer until we can have a proper funeral for him. I am still checking on him and kissing him. I just cant let him go. I miss him so much😭

So sorry for your loss.
Grief does pass. It’s a process that takes time and cannot be hurried.
You are still in the initial stages of grief and it is very raw.
Allow yourself time to grieve, be patient and gentle with yourself.
I would also suggest that you have your funeral soon - until that is behind you it is difficult to move on. You are in a sort of limbo.

I don’t know what you are planning but a number of us have buried our beloved piggies in pots with plants which makes a lovely memorial.

You will find support and understanding here.

Welcome to the forum

Attachments

• E0CF9580-1FED-4C5B-8322-7CEEE9F478ED.jpeg
    E0CF9580-1FED-4C5B-8322-7CEEE9F478ED.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 9
Thank you
The funeral is on hold because my 13 years old son is away and he really wants to say goodbye. It will be a hard day once he is back.
I am keeping company for our other piggy. And also bought for him plush guinea pig who looks like Jerry who died. Jerry would be 5 years old in February. I just feel he was too young to go

Awww... what a cutie. It is so hard to say goodbye. It will get easier with time, but you will certainly never forget him. Every now and then I see pics of pets gone by and get a pang of grief all over again, but it gets better with time, the pain fades and the good memories stay.

Today we said our final goodbyes to Jerry 😭.
I feel so sad and bad that I couldn’t help him more. Keep thinking what if......

Today we said our final goodbyes to Jerry 😭.
I feel so sad and bad that I couldn’t help him more. Keep thinking what if......
What if..... is a normal part of grieving.
We always wonder if we had just something different would he still be alive.
It will pass as you focus on the memories of the good times, the love you gave him and everything that made Jerry a special piggy .

So sorry to hear about your lovely boy. He was very handsome and I’m sure he knew how much he was loved. Thinking of you 🌈

What wonderful heart felt sentiments from this forum today and every day. I have experienced only kindness today as I am going through grieving similar to you. I do send my best wishes and hugs to you at this painful time. xx
Thank you
This forum is helping me to deal with the pain and sadness
I am a 45y old woman who was against having guinea pigs some years ago. Now I am the one in the family who can not deal with it.

Thank you everyone for your kind words 💕
Reading all the other posts about lost piggies makes me even more sad. I do feel like I should stop coming here for a while.

So sorry you lost Jerry, take some time to work through your sadness, it does get easier, when you’ll be able to look back and remember all the lovely times you had together x
Sleep tight little man 🌈

Back