• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Do I need to worry about Annabelle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggyme234

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Annabelle drinks quite a bit more than my other girls. Between three of them they get through about 300ml every day. This is what 3 pigs generally get through on a hot summer day. I have only had Annabelle for 3 and a half weeks so I don't know if she is just normally a heavy drinker. She eats like a pig too, the grain bowl is empty every morning. I weighed her last week and the week before and she lost a few grams but I think i weighed her after tea the first time. I will weigh her again tomorrow. Does anyone think there is anything to worry about?

Bette she was a heavy drinker, She was checked at the vets who said she was a thirsty pig.

Sadly she had diabetes, and had to be pts because it had been left untreated for so long.

I never saw a change with Bette not too say it never happened I only had her 5 months, she drank a bottle a day. She only stopped when the strain was too much and she was close too leaving.

I would get her checked, better to be safe than sorry.

I would have her checked out for diabetes or kidney problems, to be on the safe side. Some piggies drink noticeably more.

Piggies do get a lot of their liquid from veg. Is Annabelle eating enough veg? Is she just eating thirsty making pellets and hay?

My two boys nearly empty a 600ml bottle between them as well as having their veggies, they've always drank a lot, even from little babies. I've seen them drink and most of the water gets dribbled out! I now have to put a towel underneath their water bottle to soak up all the drips. :)

If you are concerned I would take her to the vets just incase.

Annabelle does eat her share of the veg. She is going to have a check up hopefully on Tuesday. It is fairly easy to get appointments after work so I going to ring tomorrow.

Annabelle has been to the vet. Everything is fine. The vet was quite happy with her and she was a good girl and didn't complain.

Just read this - I'm very glad Annabelle has had a clean bill of health. Did the vet think she was pregnant?

Just read this - I'm very glad Annabelle has had a clean bill of health. Did the vet think she was pregnant?

She thought it was unlikely. Annabelle was very good and put up with being poked and prodded. There are still 5 weeks before I will be happily 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back