• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Do my guinea pigs need softer bedding?

piggytime

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Right now in stead of store bought fleece I use fleece from a fabric store and puppy pee pads. one of my guinea pigs gets red pads i give foot baths and put foot cream it helps but i was wondering if carefresh or real fleece bedding might help. Thanks:nod:!

Are the red pads caused by the fact that your piggy sits or sleeps in his or her pee? One of mine does this so I bought some vetbed which is great. Very expensive but it whips the wet straight to the bottom and to the puppy pads I place underneath leaving the top of the vetbed virtually dry.

Maybe... my pigs love a certain house it may need some extra protection . thanks for the advice

Don’t know if this is correct, but my piggies’ vet says that some pigs just have red feet. Pearl has red feet whether she’s on Carefresh or fleece bedding.

that is a good point but my piggy's feet often are red when i check in the evening but in the morning they look normal.

This is a quote from Guinea Pig Body Quirks in the Daily Care and Travel Guide in the Guides Section of the Forum. I hope it wil help you make a decision on your piggy's feet! I have noticed my white piggy who has very pink feet normally goes quite red when he is warm, usually when he has just woken up.

"Soles can be overall pink when your piggy is feeling warm, but any localised redness can be a sign for a begining soreness/infection. Please see a vet if the soles of the feet are very red/have very red spots, are swollen oe have open sores".

Apples Pies feet are the most pink in the evening when hes most active is their to much pressure on his cute little feet?

Back