• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Do Others Do This ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
When I see guinea pigs advertised for free I always contact the owners and mention rescues and this site. I contacted two yesterday and one today,the one today was a little female who has lost her friend in the recent cold weather. Luckily the replies so far have been positive and no one has had a go at me for been a busy body.:lol!:

Well done. That's really nice of you.
I really hate the thought of them getting into the wrong hands. Must admit I nearly told the one who today I would take her guinea but just can't at the moment. Although when I told my husband he said ,'get her ' but I was strong:tu:

I do but no one has ever replied to me. However I did notice one "free to a good home" advert changed to "£10 to ensure good home, money will be donated to RSPCA" after I contacted one person, so maybe it made them think a little.

When I see "free" I usually email them to tell them they should charge or it might end up as snake food.

I used to do this but I haven't in a while.

I tend to email only people with them advertised for free so and explain why its a bad idea. I also link them to this forum to rehome the piggies safer.

None have replied to me except one person who was very shocked and quickly changed the price from free to £10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back