• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Do Some Piggies Not Like Fleece?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DylElla

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Do some piggies not like fleece? When I first got my boys there were on shavings in a hutch. We moved them inside over winter and they were on fleece with a cage base in the run that had aubiose in it and they spent most of their time in there. Now they're in the shed in a 21sq ft enclosure. It's part bedding/hay and part fleece but I only ever see them in the bedding area. I'm wondering if to put them solely on bedding? I wonder if they just don't like fleece for some reason?

I suppose it is always a possibility.
My lot adore fleece, and would probably lay on their backs with their little legs in the air if I suggested they move onto aubiose (although they had that for the first month or so they were with us and seemed perfectly happy).
What would be easiest for you to use?
You could always switch the fleece to bedding for a week or two and see what happens.
Funny piggies.

It's probably like everybody's piggies, they spend a lot time there because in a piggies world, eating comes first, sleeping is 2nd & cuddles are 3 rd. lol
I love fleece it is so much easier to clean, I have cardboard boxes they can sleep in & meadow hay in a tray, where a lot of them spend time.

My girls love their fleece and cosy items. They'd put up a protest if I tried to put them back on bedding lol. Might give the boys a try on bedding again and see if they move around more. They could just be lazy boys lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back