do u find guinea pigs hard work?

shaysbeautifulboys

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi i am a new guinea pig owner and i’m doing the best i can to make sure my piggies are happy as much as possible. I got my boys during quarantine where iv had lots of free time to look after and spend time with them but i’m starting to worry whether or not they’ll cause me a lot of stress in the long run for example if i don’t have as much time to spend with them as i start college in september. I will dedicate most of my time for them but i wanted to ask all of you who have had to juggle school/work with looking after your piggies, have they caused you too much stress?
I am already dealing with a lot of stress from catching up with my work and keeping their cage clean because i am still having a problem with gnats in their cage. I just have a lot to deal with but i don’t want to give up on them

shaysbeautifulboys

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Don’t worry. So long as they are fed, watered and provided with a clean cage and regular floor time, they’ll be just fine as they have each other for company :)
That’s a relief :) it’s just these gnats causing me most stress i have to fully disinfect their cage every three days to kill any eggs