• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

do you get a great feeling when you clean your pigs out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
me and daughter spent ages cleaning the 2 sheds out today new fresh meadow hay and all clean bottles and bowls floor swept and washed I step back and think yeah perfect the pigs are so loud munching the hay makes me laugh so much, I quite enjoy the clean out feel quite satisfied and so de stressed afterwards

It does me too and especially to hear the munching of carrotts etc ( and Cocoa chomping on the woodwork full blast)

YES! They give me a little reward everytime in the shape of popping, running around, nose in the hay and happy faces exploring! Doesn't stop me dreading it but when its all done they remind me I was being silly thinking something that makes them so happy is horrible.

Must be lovely to have someone to do it with, like your daughter Michelle. I just have the radio on :)

we play Bon Jovi while we work and we both wail away pigs seem to enjoy it as well I am thinking of putting a radio in the sheds anyone else do this, I leave the radio on indoors for the dog If we go out,

I agree, my guinea pigs and rabbits are kept outdoors all year round so i'm out there cleaning them out in all weathers which at times can be such hard work, but when they go back into thier lovely clean cage, with fresh food, water, greens, lots of hay and straw and i watch them exploring, popcorning, tunneling through the hay and straw or eating their treats its just such a great feeling!

Julie

It's interesting how I never resent having to muck them out, even when I'm sad or not well.

I love everything to do with them. ;D

I love doing it. Is smells so fresh and looks so nice when it's all clean. Then they go and trash it again! What a great life they lead. ;D

I don't mind cleaning my cages out at all, and I have 14 cages to do, one of which is 13ftx2ft and takes 2 bin sacks to empty :)

Kat

KatsCavies said:
I don't mind cleaning my cages out at all, and I have 14 cages to do, one of which is 13ftx2ft and takes 2 bin sacks to empty :)

Kat

mine are all cc runs and the girls one also takes 3 bin bags my back kills me after but I just love doing it , anything for my piggys

I only have two cages to clean and when I have they like to show me how much they appreciate me cleaning them out by popcorning everywhere and making it messy all over again! ::)

KatsCavies said:

Kat

13 x 2? whoa :o

I do love it - I love watching Fry and Laurie run about in a base full of hay before I put their things in, so that they're part of the activity - and I love playing with them when they're on my bed whilst I clean the cage out. C:

yea we love it to ! i spend 1 day doing the piggies 16 hutches /cages & 1 day doing the buns 13 hutches , dont know how many bin bags tho ! haa haa 2 bags of megazorb, huge pile of newspaper n bale hay ! but love seeing them munching veggies in there clean homes...all brushed (tho u would think i was killing them !) pamperd & kissed n cuddled to death n happy ! love it ! ::)

Oh yes i chat non stop to Duke whilst he explores the workshop. He's cute when he goes back in checking out everything. He really loves it too cause he also gets new towels to snuggle in and on, loves his towels. I always take him upstairs whilst the hay settles in case of dust, he has treats and cuddles with us then back to his home where he also finds new treats too.

I agree it's not a chore, its a fun time and anyone with piggies will know what i mean, they appreciate our efforts i'm sure.

Bokki and Beni always popcorn when they have been cleaned out, i like cleaning them out, and feel good when its all done but it only looks clean and tidy for 2 mins as they have to do a poopie as soon as they get back in the cage ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back