• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Do you think this would be "unfair"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheeky

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Since my boars started fighting I split their 3 by 4 into two 3 by 2s. But Elliot is still going wild, pushing through the barrier, trying to jump over etc. Even when I put coroplast so he can't see Ollie.
So I was thinking about getting the old cage down and moving Ollie into a different room where Elliot can't smell him. But that would mean Ollie would only get less than half the space as Elliot (if I took the divider out and make it back to 3 by 4 for him).

Then again, Ollie tends to just stay in his pigloo. What should I do? :{

A smaller space that feels safe would be better than a larger stressful place. As long as they are getting attention that is the important thing x

When we split Bumble and JoJo, Jo thought FAB all this space to myself! and was happy as larry alone.

Bumble however reacted very much like Elliot, he just missed other pigs so much.

Our only solution was to get Bumb's neutered and get him a wife, this has now been done and they should be bonded next weekend as long as Bumb's abcess continues to heal well.

Is this an option for you? Some pigs just can't cope being alone even if they can see each other, they need that piggy to snuggle with bless them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back