Do Your Piggies Have A Mad Half Hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cee-Cee

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:help: Not sure if it's normal or not? :hmm:
Cee-Cee tends to have a mad half hour, in the evening, I think she popcorns.
She also runs around the cage like a nutter, over, under, around, through and hurdles anything in her way. She is encouraging her new girlfriends to join in :gp:

Do your piggies do the same?
Does this mean she is happy?
What does popcorning look like? She tends to jump up like she has just had an electric shock :lol!:

She seems a lot happier since her friends arrived and being in a bigger cage (C&C 5x2) :wub:

dotty44

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Flake does it around 7pm after her supper. She enjoys running around pushing a kitchen roll tube looking like she has grown a trunk. Buttons runs behind her, so cute.

xxaimeexx

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aww cute! Mine just have short popcorning and lapping sessions every now and then. Sometimes they do all go mad with the exception of Holly because she's an old piggie and would rather sleep in her bed! Popcorns are definitely infectious! Yes Cee-Cee is happy and popcorns can often look almost like a fit or the piggie getting an electric shock! It's like they are jumping for joy.

BossHogg

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its like the chase scene from The Benny Hill Show every day. Alfie will try and have saucy time, the girls protest and chase him round the hutch, he then gets brave and chases them back! This goes on all day, till they get fed and they have a break. :))

Cee-Cee

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Its like the chase scene from The Benny Hill Show every day. Alfie will try and have saucy time, the girls protest and chase him round the hutch, he then gets brave and chases them back! This goes on all day, till they get fed and the have a break. :))
Ha That's what it looked like. I can just hear the theme tune now :lol!:

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
One of our boars does laps... he's in my bedroom and wakes me up early with them haha. I don't mind though as I think it's pretty funny and cute. Also I've noticed one of the sows do it, she's quieter though lol. The little boys we have are funny as well.

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Haha, yes a lot!
Sounds like we have a bunch of lions upstairs. We can hearing them zooming around at high speeds. I always have to check on them because it sounds like a load of boxes falling!

Critter

Reaction score
My youngster, Penny, does this. Sunrise (who's 2) less often, Freddie-the-Smooch (I think he's 15 months) hasn't done it yet, but he's still settling in, and Snowball (6) occasionally :)

Tbag

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sounds like you have one very happy piggy on your hands!
Wyatt has regular mad half hours, total nut case, he runs so fast he goes up the walls of the cage a bit when he turns corners! Meanwhile Ludo dives for safety in the haybox and watches him with an expression of mixed bewilderment and terror.

Cee-Cee

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wyatt has regular mad half hours, total nut case, he runs so fast he goes up the walls of the cage a bit when he turns corners! Meanwhile Ludo dives for safety in the haybox and watches him with an expression of mixed bewilderment and terror.
:yahoo:and here was me worrying that she was still grieving and she wouldn't get on with her new girlfriends.
I think the size of the cage has helped :D Next payday we are adding a 2x2 loft, I can see here somersaulting down the ramp :lol!:

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
aw she sounds happy :luv: benjie has more of a mad day than half hour! :)) i've never had a piggy popcorn as much as he does :)):luv:

Freela

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They did in their youth (particularly when I had two young pigs together- they would just feed off the energy!) Hadley (age about seven months) still will run around like crazy in the evenings during floor time. I do find they get more sedate at they get older. I honestly can't remember the last time Sundae (aged 5) had a mad anything, unless it was a mad dash to the treat plate!

Sar

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's definitely normal!

Biscuit has the most, she's so energetic but I have noticed Fudge joining in sometimes.

Sounds like Fudge, after so long of Biscuit running into her and jumping over her she takes refuge in the pigloo, looking about as if to say 'is it safe to come out yet?'

Nicola_

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My boys love to do laps, you can hear them jumping out the hay tray and running around the whole top level of the cage and down the big ramp, back up and round again and again! Usually around 3 or 4 in the morning!

SweetJo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh yes, usually from 8.15pm onwards, after their cage clean and food. It was just Cookie to start with but now Peanut seems to be joining in.
They do laps, and you can hear Cookie hit the back wall each time - a bit like a swimmer when they turn. Then the bell rings as they rush past that. In and out of things, under their hay rack, over their food bowl. It's great to watch :)

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Spike and Peanut usually have a mad 5 mins. in the morning after I have cleaned them out. Once OH and I sit down in the evening to watch a film or talk they start again until we go to bed. The boys are in our living room and it's as if they are happiest when they know where we are!

Malice

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guineas go crazy in the evening when they get fed. Also when I let them run around the office, they have 'races' around the cage and sofa bed. They find things to hurdle as well (chair spokes, wires, anything really).

Status
Not open for further replies.