• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Does anyone know a good cavy vet in the east anglia area? - For Dental

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

I think Hector may have a problem with his teeth. Can they have trouble with their lower incisors? its just they look very long and I dont know whether he is struggling to grab food?

I just give him some science recovery and he had some of his hard food to eat but not alot and he tried to eat his veg but looked as if he had trouble grabbing it.

I really dont need this right now :0 Ive paided over 100 pounds on guinea pig vet bills in the last two months and what with being on an apprenticeship and christmas, this is all I need :0

Any help appreciated x

Hi
Someone has put all the vets details across the country on this forum which i have read recently .

I think it is a sticky on heath section

IT is in the health and illness section

Vets list attachment by sqeakypigs.

Its a list all over the country / there may be one near you

The nearest is Ipswich and I wouldnt be able to get there until saturday morning and I dont want to leave him that long so I'm going to have to go to my normal vets :/

I just gave him some science recovery which he liked and ive put him back and at the moment hes been munching on his hard food for a while so I'm going to just weigh him daily. Last time I weighed them was a week ago and hes between 1kg and 1.1kg which is nice as he had a poorly gut a few months back and dropped to about 940g so nice hes gained some weight. Though he doesnt look 1kg but compared to his 1400g brother :p

Bette is going in for a dental tomorrow she went from 1181grams too 1040grams. in under a fortnight. Normally you can excuse 30 grams per week, as it can be the difference btw a full and empty bladder.

What you are looking for is a pattern (decline in weight).

I forgot to add its a very good idea to find a Cavy Savy vet before you need them. My vet bills are at £200 now, and I'm convinced if I had just went to the right vet in the first place it would have been alot cheaper.

Yeah well the only vets I have seen in the area is in Ipswich and I would only be able to take him there on a saturday morning as I work in Norwich and would no way make it before they closed. And Ipswich alone is 26 miles from where I live - would have to get my OH to drive me.

I take mine over to Cambridge Cavy Trust or to a CCT member in Ipswich if it's just dental. Are you a member?

Wouldn't trust my vet to do teeth, they use GA

Sophie
x

I'm not a member no
I cant go over to cambridge as I'd have to ask my OH too

I have seen a dentist in Ipswich that was on a vets list that was a sticky in health and illness

http://christchurchvets.chandler1.co.uk/

He seemed to be eating alright this morning but I am going to weigh him twice a day and see whether he starts to drop as I wouldnt be able to take him to ipswich until saturday as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back