• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

does anyone know??

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michele

Does any one if piggies can have the following.............

Strawberries leaves. Leaves that are on the top of a strawberry

banana skin

kiwi skin.

Michele

Ok, I don't know about strawberry leaves or kiwi skin (I didn't even know, until recently, that I could eat them) but I do know about banana peels. Those they can have. Mine LOVE them. Bananas are one of their favorites and one of the things if the see me with or hear me talk about they MUST have. The only way I get to eat the whole banana in my room with them is if they get the peel. Usually they end up with 2/3 of my banana though. ::)

cool i will try the banana skins tonight. i arent to keen on banana itself though.

Gosh, do my pigs LOVE bannana skin! You must try it - it's delcious.. (to them!) :P

When I rang up that lady about Crater who is a guinea pig expert she said Banana Skins is one of the best things you can give to a guinea pig and they love it! Thought it was slightly strange lol!

I read that the leaves on syrewberries are actually poisonous to piggies!

just tried them with banana skin and they love it.

Can i give this to them all the time or is it bad for them to have too many. This will put the ounzes on.

I don't think it should be given all the time. Maybe 3 times a week?

It is still "fruit" so should be given in moderation as a treat. And I think I've heard that about strawberry leaves too but I wasn't sure.

bananas skins are only a once in a while treat because of the level of potassium in them.. This can lead to bloat, impactation and also severe diahorrhea (sp?)

Strawberry leaves are poisonous but the green tops on strawberries are ok..

not sure about kiwi skin.. they can have the green fruit part but not the seeds..

When I finish a nana, the piggies have the skin! No waste!

Mrs Player xx

Same here Kelly! Eat a Bannana, give the skin to the piggies ;) LOL!

Livie
x

If i did that in this household the piggies would have a huge pile. we eat bananas like monkeys do (well not that bad! lol)

LOL.. Me and the piggies are the only ones that eat fruit! It took me ages to get Mike to eat some veg cos he's so bloomin fussy!

Mrs Player xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back