• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Does Carefresh Ultra Usually Smell Weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jillyemm

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I got some pink Carefresh Colors a couple of weeks ago and I didn't notice a smell at all, I then got some Carefresh Ultra just to mix up the colours a bit but it smells strange and I don't think I like it!

I don't know the answer to your question unless care fresh ultra is the brown one? I had to buy some when I ran out of my usual bedding so never tried the pink but the brown does have a scent to it.

The reason really for my post is that care fresh is fantastic bedding but it's expensive. I don't know if you are aware of Fitch bedding? It comes in 20kg bales and currently one bale costs £20 including delivery. There are discounts if you buy several bales at once. http://www.fitchrecycling.co.uk/animal-bedding/fitch-pet-bedding.html

Quite a few of us on here have or do use it and like it.

My top 3 favourite beddings in order of favour are
1. Care fresh
2. Fitch
3. Aubiose (hemp based)

For cost reasons I am currently using Aubiose.

I have had a problem with the brown one smelling, was the white one the one with bicarb in?

I'm not sure tbh, I didn't notice it say that on the pack but didn't read it that closely either, will have a look next time I go in the shop :)

I believe there is one with a fragrance added, you may have picked up that by mistake. I used to use Carefresh, but have since moved on to Living World Fresh and Comfy, which I find absorbs better and lasts longer. I did think that Carefresh smelled a bit like those brown paper towels that you find in public restrooms, but other than that never noticed a scent and never really noticed a difference between colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back