• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Does He Know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAurora

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So all last week – when I was off work and had all the time in the world – Casran was relatively well behaved whilst having his eye drops. He'd lay quietly with his head against my tummy whilst I opened his eye, squeeze a drop and massaged it in.

This week, when I’m in a flying panic in the mornings, he’s being a complete nightmare.

This morning he ran off down the sofa, head-butted all my clean and folded laundry onto the floor, tried to chew up a pair of clean socks, wriggled and wouldn’t sit still – I squirted eye drops all over the side of his face and had to try and clean it up with a wet cotton wool pad, at which point he had a complete meltdown tantrum. Then, when I tried to distract him with a black grape, he half chewed it then threw it at my top which I then had to go upstairs and change.

We are back to the vets on Thursdays… I’ll have had a breakdown by then.

He must know!

Oh dear, sounds like he definitely knows! They are clever these little piggies!

Maybe he could pick up on the fact you did not seem as relaxed.

Yes, that's definitely a possibility.

Someone at work suggested what he 'knows' is that - after having me at home all day every day for a week - as soon as the eye drops are done now I'm gonna fly out the front door for 12 hours. I'm not sure he's that clever tho. Or cares that much.

Ah that could be it. Maybe he is trying to keep you with him longer. Aww. That is so sweet.

Aww try not to give in eye drops are so challenging picture me with a baby guinea pig that's a day old his eye wont open we don't even know whether it works and he's a runt that's 42g and he just wont sit still ! The vet said he can only see today because of the intervention I took and is now homed happily with a new family x

Aww try not to give in eye drops are so challenging picture me with a baby guinea pig that's a day old his eye wont open we don't even know whether it works and he's a runt that's 42g and he just wont sit still ! The vet said he can only see today because of the intervention I took and is now homed happily with a new family x

Awww sweet story x

:)) Pesky boy, I think sometimes they pick up on your stress. I know that giving medicine in a morning often is more tricky when we are in a rush. Treacle was always more of a nightmare in the morning when on baytril than the evening. I think I got frantic because of being late so they pick up those vibes and it becomes a cycle. Deep breaths... I hope his eye is improving x

I think animals pick up on your emotional state- if you're stressed, calm, upset, or whatever. Sundae gets agitated when one of the kids cries or is upset. I think it worries her (I think most things worry Sundae- she has an anxious personality type!)

No messing around this morning. Was serious and didn't take any of his nonsense. He sat still and was well behaved x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back