• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Does It Ever Get Easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley2015

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know I already made a thread about losing my Ginger but I really need to make a seperate one about a different part of it. It's only been like two days since he passed and ironically today two years ago is the day I got him and held him in my arms for the first time which makes it especially difficult. :( I just miss him so much. I cry all of the time. I feel guilty saying this but he was the first and favorite out of him and Olaf. He was so confident and loud and friendly and now he's gone just like that. I did get a new wee little friend for Olaf. Named him Snap after Ginger. (Gingersnap) but Olaf is a very big sissy. He's friendly but he ALWAYS runs and hides from me even if he does trust me. Ginger brought him out of his shell. It breaks my heart every time I feed them now cus Olaf is quiet and so is Snap (he is new so to be expected) and there used to always be wheeking and popcorning and glee cus Ginger had that spark and brought it out in Olaf. Now it's just silence and hiding. They don't eat until I'm gone or they think I am. :hmm: It is breaking my heart. I just want Ginger back. Now I'm scared that Olaf will never come back out of his naturally nervous shell since Ginger's gone and what if Snap is the same way? I want things to be back to normal again. :( HELP! Will I ever stop crying? Will it ever get any easier? Why can't there be a million Gingers so that I didn't have to lose my angel? :help::ple:

I know I already made a thread about losing my Ginger but I really need to make a seperate one about a different part of it. It's only been like two days since he passed and ironically today two years ago is the day I got him and held him in my arms for the first time which makes it especially difficult. :( I just miss him so much. I cry all of the time. I feel guilty saying this but he was the first and favorite out of him and Olaf. He was so confident and loud and friendly and now he's gone just like that. I did get a new wee little friend for Olaf. Named him Snap after Ginger. (Gingersnap) but Olaf is a very big sissy. He's friendly but he ALWAYS runs and hides from me even if he does trust me. Ginger brought him out of his shell. It breaks my heart every time I feed them now cus Olaf is quiet and so is Snap (he is new so to be expected) and there used to always be wheeking and popcorning and glee cus Ginger had that spark and brought it out in Olaf. Now it's just silence and hiding. They don't eat until I'm gone or they think I am. :hmm: It is breaking my heart. I just want Ginger back. Now I'm scared that Olaf will never come back out of his naturally nervous shell since Ginger's gone and what if Snap is the same way? I want things to be back to normal again. :( HELP! Will I ever stop crying? Will it ever get any easier? Why can't there be a million Gingers so that I didn't have to lose my angel? :help::ple:

Please give yourself and Olaf more time. There are unfortunately no shortcuts to grieving - you grieve as much as you have loved; they are the two sides of the same coin. The first few days are always hardest, especially when the death was unexpected and you have to cope with both the shock and the loss, so it is all a bit of a horrible emotional mess. But take heart - it is going to get easier after a while.

Olaf will hopefully come out of deep mourning in the next few days even though he may lack his normal sparkle for a while yet. Your boys will come out of their shells, perhaps even more so than when Ginger was the leader. Just be patient with them and persist. You may find that they have learned quite a few bits from Ginger.
How To Understand Guinea Pig Instincts And Speak Piggy Body Language

You will never stop missing Ginger, but hopefully you can eventually find a way to learn to cherish what he has brought to your life and how rich he has made it. It may help you to start a diary and write down a little memory of Ginger or paste in a picture of him every day, so that you are left in the end with lots of precious reminders of all the little things that have made your bond so special. This may even help you to feel that he is still very much alive in your heart - and that is something that can never be taken away from you!

If you find that you struggle to cope with your daily life and your sleep for any length of time or cannot come to terms with your loss, please contact a free pet bereavement line with specially trained people at the other end listening to you and helping you develop constructive coping mechanisms. it has helped some of our members who have been in your position.
SupportLine - Problems: Pet Bereavement: Advice, support and information

I've lost a lot of Guinea Pigs over the years (a total of 4 over the last 12 months!) and I know how much it hurts.

You are bound to feel pain for long time afterwards, but I promise it gets easier. I still cry over Rosie, my first Guinea Pig's death, and it was over two years ago now! You just need to give yourself some time to grieve. Please make sure you eat good meals and get sleep though!

Take each day slowly, and focus your energy on little Olaf. That's helped me before, ensuring that the partner that was left behind got the best care as possible. I hope you start feeling better soon <3 I'm so sorry for your loss x

Thank you guys so much. I can just feel myself going through the stages of grief and it absolutely ia awful. I haven't felt this bad in a long time

I'm sorry. It does get better, but it also takes time. I lost one of my pigs, Linney, last January and I felt much the same. She was always my favourite. She was the last of my original pair of pigs. She was a huge lap pig, super friendly, very smart, just an all-round great pig. She had a special place in my heart. I still miss her, but not in the acute grief that hurts all the time kind of way. I just remember her and am glad that I had her in my life. And although no one will ever take her place, I also love Sundae (my other pig who I had along with Linney) and Hadley (the pig we got after Linney passed away.) Just give yourself permission to grieve. It will get better. It's amazing how such little animals can take up such a big place in our heart.

the intensity of it lessens with time, although it still always hurts. so sorry for your loss x

I wish with all of my heart that guinea pigs lived longer. It aches so much that I can't imagine what it must be like to loose a child (I'm reading about Madeleine McCann). I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I share your heartache...lost my boy this afternoon. You will cry for several days and even unexpectedly in weeks to come. Remember all those little things that made Ginger unique, and eventually the sadness will be replaced by the happiness of Ginger's memory x

I share your heartache...lost my boy this afternoon. You will cry for several days and even unexpectedly in weeks to come. Remember all those little things that made Ginger unique, and eventually the sadness will be replaced by the happiness of Ginger's memory x

I'm so very sorry. I read your post and I am at least glad to know I'm not alone. Although I wish that wouldn't have happened to you :( I still cry. I cried like three times yesterday, including sobbing myself to sleep. It's hard but I will never forget those little Ginger quirks. Take thar advice for yourself as well, my dear!

It gets easier eventually. I lost my boy, Benny, 4 years ago and it still makes me sad when I think of him. The ones we love never really leave us and I believe that we will see them again one day x

It gets easier eventually. I lost my boy, Benny, 4 years ago and it still makes me sad when I think of him. The ones we love never really leave us and I believe that we will see them again one day x

Thank you, I sure hope so. I miss him:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back