• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Does Jasmine need a friend?

HeatherW

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Since Jasmine divorced Leo, and Leo has a new ladyfriend in the form of Apricot (just waiting on their "marriage" certificate ;) ), is it a good idea to get Jasmine a cage mate? She can see and touch Leo and Apricot through the bars so she's not lonely, but not sure if she'd benefit from living with another piglet. I've seen plenty of posts that say living side by side is fine, but does that only really apply to pigs who've fallen out and only gave each other anyway? I don't want Jasmine to have FOMO! :D

Here's a photo of the arrangement. As you can see, they're all hungry! :D

20200925_171000.jpg

It rather depends on Jasmine tbh and her ability to find a suitable companion. When my Mollie decided to try and kill Mabel we separated them and couldn’t find her a new friend she could tolerate. she lived very happily side by side with the bigger group next door and was clearly happier alone. So I guess it depends.

Jasmine's definitely a sociable pig. She's always been interested in other guineas and, while she seems contented by herself (and is a bit of a grump), she spends time looking at the Leo and Apricot through the bars a fair bit. Maybe I'll see how she fares and take her on a date!

Back