Does my guinea pig need a buddy

Piggielife

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have a few questions , I got a New Guinea pig and am kind of new too this whole thing but I only have one is that bad , because he had been eating his bedding a lot and I searched up what that means. Which google said it means that they are board and need a buddy but I don’t know if I am able to get him a buddy, what do I do?

C.Courtney0310

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Unless you plan on hanging out with your guinea pig most of the time please get it a friend! Preferably of the same gender, but if you get a girl you will have to neuter him :D

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
:agr: Also. They are herd animals and need to be kept in pairs. Single piggies get lonely.

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
If you didn’t know when you got your piggy that they have to live with a companion then don’t blame yourself.
Now you do know you can do something about it.
You could try a Rescue if there’s one accessible, especially if it’s one that does piggy dating.
That way your boy can choose his own companion.
As you have already done research it suggests that you are a caring owner who wants the best for your piggy.

We would love to see pictures

dan3008

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Congratulations on you're new piggy. First step in a lifetime of love and adventure.

Yes your piggy needs a friend, very soon. Buy hay, you did 1 better than me... I had heard guineapigs like company, so I got a trio of boys... and now I've had to split one off due to fighting... and need to find a buddy for him...

My point? We all make mistakes, dont beet yourself up over it. Besides, double the pigs, double the cuddles