Does This Cage Layout Look Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather then the levels I would make it one level and as big as possible. Guinea pigs often do not use ramps.nmy c and c is 8 by 3 and this gives my pigs a nice space.

We are trying to save up on space as much as we can @piggyfan Would it be good for them?
What if they are too scared to use the ramps? That could be a problem. Tiers do not count as extra space with guinea pigs. I had to get rid of my table and chairs to fit mine in. Sometimes you need to make adjustments.

What if they are too scared to use the ramps? That could be a problem. Tiers do not count as extra space with guinea pigs. I had to get rid of my table and chairs to fit mine in. Sometimes you need to make adjustments.
Thankyou xx you really helped

My boys have a two tier cage and hutch. They run up and down no problems.
I had to teach them a bit but now they zoom up and down.
people may not agree but it's the best set up for my boys

ye, I want to train them by putting food up the ramps
My boys have a two tier cage and hutch. They run up and down no problems.
I had to teach them a bit but now they zoom up and down.
people may not agree but it's the best set up for my boys

Piggies seem to prefer covered ramps. I have had great success with a ramp tunnel from C and E cosies. They have thier own website. No training needed, they just used the ramp straight away once it was covered.

I do agree with piggyfan though that extra levels are not a substitute for a decent amount of space on one level. I'm sorry if I missed where you said but how many piggies are you putting in this set up? If it is just 2, then 2x4 as the biggest level will be ok provided you also take them out each day for a run around on your floor. The 8x3 like piggyfan has means you don't need to worry if you can't get them out every day.

Piggies seem to prefer covered ramps. I have had great success with a ramp tunnel from C and E cosies. They have thier own website. No training needed, they just used the ramp straight away once it was covered.

I do agree with piggyfan though that extra levels are not a substitute for a decent amount of space on one level. I'm sorry if I missed where you said but how many piggies are you putting in this set up? If it is just 2, then 2x4 as the biggest level will be ok provided you also take them out each day for a run around on your floor. The 8x3 like piggyfan has means you don't need to worry if you can't get them out every day.
I will be having daily playtime and It will be a 2x4 not 2x3 xx would that be okay?

The cages from the link Rachel posted above you are fantastic, so easy to assemble. I definitely reccomend them over buying your own Correx, it's a nightmare!

Thankyou we are definatly buying from there such a great website although I wish they have more cage options xx
The cages from the link Rachel posted above you are fantastic, so easy to assemble. I definitely reccomend them over buying your own Correx, it's a nightmare!

That is great news! Which size did you choose?
After moving furniture to fit the cage I chose a 6x2 on a stand, may invest in a loft not to sure x cnt wait for its arrival, although will have to order it on payday so not sure when it will arrive

Once you put them in the new cage I bet they pop corn! Are they boys or girls?

I think there would need to be grids between the base uprights on the floor to make the foundations more ridged and add overall cage stability, otherwise they could just kick out overtime from the downward bearing load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back