• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Does this look like blood?

Puddles1999

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I was cleaning my girls cage out this morning and found this. There are other stains that look to be from pee. However, this stain is more prominent and would just like some opinions on what you guys think. I’d just rather be safe than sorry. Thank you! 615B98DE-1794-4AA2-A4C7-E3BEC38A44A5.jpegDD5B5A4E-C3DF-498C-80A8-217923879FAC.jpeg

Winniepeg

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Please keep an eye on it. If you get another stain get it checked. It might be a poo stain or just a mark. You’re obviously concerned to post the photo so you will know what’s best to do if another similar stain occurs. Fingers crossed it will be ok .

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I was cleaning my girls cage out this morning and found this. There are other stains that look to be from pee. However, this stain is more prominent and would just like some opinions on what you guys think. I’d just rather be safe than sorry. Thank you! View attachment 148648View attachment 148649
Hi!

Please keep an eye on your piggy whether this is just a coloured pee or whether your piggy is starting to make consistently intensely red porphyrine coloured pees which may or may not contain blood and whether you see other symptoms of a developing urinary tract infection or cystitis over the coming days (squeaking when peeing etc.). These symptoms and the red pees can take several days to fully develop and become consistent.

What the stain does NOT look like is any pure bleeding, so no need to rush to the vet right now.
Just keep a closer eye on your piggies in the coming days and see a vet if that becomes necessary.

Puddles1999

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi!

Please keep an eye on your piggy whether this is just a coloured pee or whether you piggy is starting to make consistently intensely red porphyrine coloured pees which may or may not contain blood and whether you see other symptoms of a developing urinary tract infection or cystitis over the coming days (squeaking when peeing etc.). These symptoms and the red pees can take several days to fully develop and become consistent.

What the stain does NOT look like is a stain from any pure fresh bleeding, so no need to rush to the vet right now.
Just keep a closer eye on your piggies in the coming days and see a vet if that becomes necessary.
I’ll definitely continue to keep an eye for more stains or any other symptoms that could possibly be a bladder stone// Uti. Thank you all for the lovely responses! :)