• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Does this require a vet visit.

Wishmaster88

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Now both the girls are comfortable with us they have started to wait at the side of the cage for food. I have kept a close look at their faces ect for signs of ringworm as they have settled in and not found anything that concerns me. Tonight during a coriander begging session I noticed this patch under sweeties neck. I can’t find any other patches on her face or anywhere else. There are no signs of irritation or flaking but more than happy to book an appointment if needed 🙂

Attachments

• D981A3A9-05D3-400E-83F1-B5FC799BF33E.jpeg
    D981A3A9-05D3-400E-83F1-B5FC799BF33E.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 8F1900E6-9378-453D-8F1E-5FD2613CA57C.jpeg
    8F1900E6-9378-453D-8F1E-5FD2613CA57C.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 12
Now both the girls are comfortable with us they have started to wait at the side of the cage for food. I have kept a close look at their faces ect for signs of ringworm as they have settled in and not found anything that concerns me. Tonight during a coriander begging session I noticed this patch under sweeties neck. I can’t find any other patches on her face or anywhere else. There are no signs of irritation or flaking but more than happy to book an appointment if needed 🙂

Hi!

It looks like a little fluid (from veg?) has stuck to some hair and dried there to me?

When you are looking for ringworm, you are looking for either a bloody scratch or patch or a bald area with a white crust on it.
We have got pictures of how ringworm looks at different stages, including a selection of pictures from the onset so you can see for yourself that it looks nothing like ringworm. Ringworm: Hygiene And Pictures

By far not all pet shop piggies have ringworm; it very much depends on the branch and whether they have been exposed to spores or not. Deal with it if it happens but please do not fret over it. Most pet piggies will never have it.

PS: You have to take into account that we are seeing proportionally more cases with problems on here because people are looking for help. The same goes for any online research. You will inevitably get all the horror stories or the miracle cures but not the vast majority of normal recoveries because they are no considered worth posting about and taken just for granted. It means that you get a very distorted image.

If you have a tendency of feeling anxious and very protective over your pets and catch yourself checking constantly for illness, then please try to take a step back and stay away from any online medical information if possible. Pet anxiety can sadly spoil the fun part of your ownership if you let it take over. If possible ask another family member to do the weekly weigh-in and body check for you while you concentrate on making friends and have a great time providing some fun enrichment for them. ;)

Thank you so much for your reply Weibke. I do tend to get a little over anxious with new pets whilst they settle in. That’s a fantastic suggestion about letting someone else take over the health check. Will get my other half to do it for the time being and just enjoy being the bringer of food 🙂. Thank you again

Back