• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Does This Sound Ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As some of you will know I'm going to be having one of my Himalayan's neutered due to the pair I adopted fighting. I've found a vet in Derby which @artcasper has kindly offered to take my son and guinea to.

I made enquiries because I'm really nervous about it all.

The person said to being him for an health check and that while I was there (or my son in this case) they could show the rooms, equipment and the vet would answer any questions.

I asked how many neuters they'd done (roughly not exact amount), she said she couldn't give me a proper amount but it was in the 100's.

Then the person explained about what happens on the days of the op and afterwards.

You take the guinea between 8 - 9 am, you then pick them up at around 4 pm because they like to keep and eye on them after the op and I believe she said they administer meds for their guts etc. You are given pain killers, antibiotics etc.

2 - 3 days later they go back for a post op.

This will be done by a vet called Ellie at the Alfreton Vets. It'll cost about £85

What do you guys thing?

sounds good to me. the vets website says that particular vet has a special interest in guinea pigs and see's alot. also she knows the importance of pain relief which is a big plus.

it's a worrying time for us owners, but i would personally be happy with them based on the info you have given :)

That sounds pretty good to me. Did they mention their success rate as well? That is, how many of the 100s have made a full, uncomplicated recovery?

I'd have to agree, sounds good, pretty similar to what my boars Mario had. Good luck!

It's always an anxious time and you have the horror of vets having failed you in the past. I have my fingers firmly crossed that all goes well! x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back