• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Does your ...

Does your partner/family share your love of everything cavies ?

• Yes loves them as much me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No not interested in them

• He only helps with the construction of things

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

minky

I'm just curious does your partner share love of your cavies as in

Loves them as mush as you do,

Helps with the fixing of stuff but takes no part in cleaning and holding them

or just completely ignores them !

I was just curious thats all !

My OH isnt interested in them but is making me anew hutch for inside the shed !

Well I don't have piggies yet but nope, my family doesn't love them I don't think, but I'm not sure, maybe it's because they don't want more animals.

well its me and mum that are into the piggies,dad just sits there grumbling and saying " oh god not more furballs"

so long as hes not involved hes ok although he did play with one of the tiny babies the other day and show some interest :o

I think hes given up on us,its easier to install them then tell him...mwahahah

My other half is as mad as I am about them, its so cute watching him pick them up and feed them and what not. It was both our decision to get our 4 and I can safely say theres no regret!

My mum loves them all. She prefers Sooty right enough. My dad likes them. When we were at Dundee there he came down to talk to them since I wasn't there =P

My partner hasn't met them yet! But she's seen photos and videos, and sometimes hears them when I'm on the phone. XD She thinks they're the cutest things ever and really want to meet them. (Along with the rest of the mini-zoo.)

He didnt when we first had them...but after a few cuddles and watching them popcorn around the lounge, he was smitten :)

He now wants to build them a new home under the stairs and is busily preparing for his exciting little project

I have to say my hubby dosen't like my pigs but he likes the rabbits I think it could have something to do with everytime he holds them they wee on him ;D ;D

but he helps out sometimes like todayhe washed out all of the water bottles and food bowls then filled them all up whilst I cleaned out[ one of my cheeky rabbits attacked him when he was helping clean her out she was only playing but it was funny ] So he is a goodn ,he has never had piggies though but had rabbits as a child perhaps thats why?

my hubby Feeds my guinea pigs with fresh fruit and veg everyday. when they hear the fridge door open you can hear them squeaking. When he brings the fruit and veg they both run up to the door waiting to be hand feed peppers.

He also helps to clean them out but its me who gets them out for cuddles and my children love tto hold them when they are out too

my lovely hubby will do all he can help with the pigs but is'nt in to cuddling or talking to them, he built me and paid out for 2 hugh sheds for them plus another one for storage rat proofed them and did all he could for their protection, HE decieded the old shed was'nt good enough ahhh, he picks up thier food sacks and will often pick them up from vets whether its to bury them or bring them home, he burys all my darlings that cross the bridge becasue he says he does'nt want anything disturbing them, he tolerates me waffling on about them, this morning I had floo on my lap and floo climbed down my top you can guess the remarks, he also gets me their veggies, he is very good to me and them but they are mine and he respects that, he never ridicules me when I get upset, and says well they are not ill anymore attitude, so what do I vote he does help but is not in love with them like me lol

My boyfriend wasn't too keen on having our piggies but now he loves them just as much as I do! :)

My hubby is not bothered much about animals. But he builds their cages, cuts their nails and any other messy jobe that needs doing, so I think he "cares" about them, but won't pick them up or cuddle. He does like to blame chibby for the farting noises coming from the direction of the computer though when he's sat there and chibby's cage is at the side of it! :o

My OH loves the piggies as much as I do but he leaves the care of them to me. He does all the cage construction etc and will help with 2 person piggy jobs like teeth clipping. He comes to the shows with me and gets all the pens ready and then put the pigs in their pens once I've finished preparing them. Before I met him, he used to have lots of piggies, rabbits, gerbils, hamsters, chinchillas and birds so is just as much an animal nut as I am ;D

Kat

My OH has always loved animals but never had more than a couple of small dogs, when he moved in with me he knew all about the dogs, cats, buns. piggies,chins & birds.... he use to do the roll they eyes not more animals face, but i soon caught him cuddling the dogs & making a fuss of the cats, he nuts about our chinchillas & very loving towards the buns n piggies & taught the birds naughty words, so really hes as daft as me n the kids ! but doesnt always like to admit it ! he always picks up my sacks n hay ect from the farm shop n is planning on making bigger hutches n new shed in the spring bless :-*

Since Sully passed away OH has been better, he does take Duke a treat first thing in the morning before he goes to work, but apart from that nothing else.
As for the kids they still love him but i seem to be the one who panicks and hand feeds at the drop of a hat, i'm the stress head in the family LOL

My mum likes them, but she doesn't want to hold them or anything like that.

linda.b said:
My hubby is not bothered much about animals. But he builds their cages, cuts their nails and any other messy jobe that needs doing, so I think he "cares" about them, but won't pick them up or cuddle. He does like to blame chibby for the farting noises coming from the direction of the computer though when he's sat there and chibby's cage is at the side of it! :o

very convenient blaming a poor little fur ball tutt tutt

I didn't vote because I don't think my other half fits into any of those categories. He's really only just met them since i'm away at uni and he can't visit as much as normal due to my workload, but I'm really happy that he seems quite interested in them. he's not really a pet person, never had any as a kid because he has allergies. When he first saw them he watched them for ages, kept walking into the room and finding him sitting next to their cage. He even asked if he could get their veggies ready the other night and feed them. The icing on the cake had to be him asking if he could have a cuddle from jack last night and trying to pick him up, couldn't manage it but only cos Jack hates being picked up and you have to herd him into a corner. Hoping he'll learn the technique eventually. Am really impressed with him and I'm hoping he will love them as much as me eventually. Think he's on the right track since he's giving out treats and wanting cuddles. ;D

Andy wasnt fussed about me getting Hamlet and Othello he just said 'you get tham if you want' now however he loves them as much as me and asks me when cuddle time is! ::) :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back