• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Dog Appeasing Pheremone

Status
Not open for further replies.

torieraa

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I read in the dominance thread that Dog Appeasing Pheremone can be used for boars who are not getting on so well. I was just wondering how to use it? I keep them on fleece would it be best to spray the fleece after its been washed or do I spray the pigs themselves?

Christopher is at his hormonal stage and has been rumbling and swaying etc to Nigel for about a month now. Nigel is such a good boy that he puts up with it and keeps his back to the wall. lol. But Christopher has got in Gizmos way a couple of times this week and Gizmo will not tolerate such behavior and has given Christopher some serious teeth chattering. I really dont want to separate them as I dont have the room for another cage so I am trying to do everything I can to help them through Christophers stroppy teens and avoid a fight.

You can get a plug in thing that you could put near the cage, or dab a bit of the spray on the piggy (you can get collars for dogs but not for guineas! :)))

Have you read the Boar thread in the behaviour section?

The main thing with niggly boars is that they have LOTS of space, 2 food bowls etc. so they are not bickering over things like that.

Sophie
x

I bought the spray off ebay last night. I don't really want to use a plug in as they cost a lot to run and I've heard horror stories about plug in air fresheners setting your house on fire!

They dont really have enough space to be honest ( I never planned on having 3 ) but I can't give them any more really. I could extend the hayloft to a L shape rather than the 1x2 I already have.

They aren't fighting over food or anything like that it is definitely the teenage hormonal stage for Christopher, I read the sticky on behavior and will be using all the tips from that as I want to do as much as I can to get them through Christopher's hormones. Gizmo and Nigel went through the same thing at this age and are now besties so hopefully they will get through it with Christopher too

don't put the spray onto the guineas themselves. And the spray only lasts for approx 2 hours each time you spray it onto the bedding etc.:)

I use the diffuser for my dog in the firework season and have had no trouble with it and that's plugged in for 4weeks.

Thanks I will try the spray on their fleece then, if it seems to work then I will invest in a diffuser as the cage is next to a power point. How long do the plug ins last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back