• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Dogs & Guinea Pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinka

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Okay so I'm on spring break at my parent's home, and I brought Tuulikki with me. Turns out she LOVES our chihuahua and he loves her. I don't let them run around together, because I get nervous that my chihuahua will want to play with her like a dog, which is too rough. But when she sees him she popcorns and squeaks and goes right up to sniff him. He whines when he can't see her and when he does, he gives her the tiniest lick.

So my question is, is that bad? Idk do you think him licking her could get her or him sick? I mean we're so far so good but idk. I guess I'm just a nervous hen lol.

I have a westie who loves the guineas. He gets very protective of them! I always make sure they're watched and never let alone together and he is never allowed with them when they get floor time (even though he cries about it!). My dog also kisses the guineas when I let him see them, neither have been affected by it. Just try and make sure your dog isn't fed before seeing her? To ensure his food doesn't get on her fur :)

I have a westie who loves the guineas. He gets very protective of them! I always make sure they're watched and never let alone together and he is never allowed with them when they get floor time (even though he cries about it!). My dog also kisses the guineas when I let him see them, neither have been affected by it. Just try and make sure your dog isn't fed before seeing her? To ensure his food doesn't get on her fur :)
Okay! Thank you so much I'll remember to make sure he hasn't eaten right before. It's so cute. He'll bring her his toys and want her to play haha and she just wants to sniff and hop around. They don't get floor time together, but I will let them interact while she's in my lap.

So cute! My friend who pig-sits for me occasionally has two cats, and Linney made friends with one of them. They used to touch noses through the bars, and he would groom her by licking her fur when my friend had Linney on her knee. It was very sweet! She always said that the cat would be sad for a few days when the pigs went back home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back