• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Dogs - Lawns - Guinea Pigs

Leeseylee

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all, I have 2 new guinea pigs, and they really love grass, would like to put a run on our lawn but I also have a dog who goes to the toilet on it daily, I sectioned off a part so he cant get to it but wondering how long I should leave it (its been sectioned off for 4 days) before putting the guinea pigs on it.

Many thanks

Hi all, I have 2 new guinea pigs, and they really love grass, would like to put a run on our lawn but I also have a dog who goes to the toilet on it daily, I sectioned off a part so he cant get to it but wondering how long I should leave it (its been sectioned off for 4 days) before putting the guinea pigs on it.

Many thanks

Ideally until you mow the lawn in their area, then wait until it has regrown before you put any piggies on their designated patch. Dog pee is poisonous, and fresh dog pee does kill.
I assume that you are not in the UK as it is far too cold here to put any guinea pigs outside in a hutch or run right now? Guinea pigs need to be treated like tender plants. Too cold or too hot can kill, and so can big swings in temperature.
Feeding Grass And Preparing Your Piggies For Lawn Time
Cold Weather Care For Guinea Pigs
Hot Weather Management And Heat Strokes

More useful information on a wide range of subjects for new owners via this link here: New Owners' Problem Solver And Information Collection
Since we have members from all over the world, we find it very helpful if you please added your country, state/province or UK county to your details, so we can tailor any advice to what is available and relevant where you are straight away. Click on your username on the top bar, then go to personal details and scroll down to location. This makes it appear with every post of yours and speeds up things for everybody. Thank you!

Back