• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Dominance Battle Galore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuineaPiggyPigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I joined the guinea pig forum a few months ago when my three guinea pigs were housed together and were squabbling and rumbling and having typical piggy dominance battles. Well nothing has gotten better, if anything it is getting worse. The rumbling is louder, there is teeth chattering, my two youngest guinea pigs bully my oldest piggy. They ram in to her, they block her from the water bottles at times, they chase her and they do all that together. i think its time to admit defeat and stick a divider in the cage. What do you think? Cage dimensions 2 by 6 with a 2 by 4 loft.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I would separate and let your older girl get some peace; as long as she is still getting stimulation through the bars.

GuineaPiggyPigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you. I spent the day rearranging the cage. They have a 2 by 6 c&c cage and the older one has a 2 by 4 cage. They can still see and smell each other but they can't nip her and chase her anymore. It probably didn't help that she is blind in one eye and couldn't see them coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.