dominance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly_bean

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
well my 2 pigies r a lil older now shadow and ash are very themselves.
i knwo they been in season lol but I'm wondering about behaviour?
i think shadow is the dominamnt one as ash follows her abotu and basicly wont come to me if shadow dosnt. I had them out is it normal shadow to pee on me lol, i men she was chirrping away and decidedit looked liek a good ide altho ash dint? lol also decided that she should tunnel under the fleec/ puppy pads :( . cheeky piggies

Howard&Vince

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My Vince used to pee a lot on my husband and I when he was about six months old. I put it down to being nervous as getting used to being held and also a dominance thing over us! Vince likes to be in charge and sadly he fell out with his brother and now they live apart (not saying this will happen to you, let's hope not!).

After much handling of Vince he stopped doing it and now only wees if we cuddle him for too long due to a full bladder!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Peeing is not unusual with young guinea pigs; they often give signals like wiggling, nibbling or biting beforre they do it (unless they have fallen asleep).

You will always have a cheekier piggy, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is the dominant one! The dominant one is the one who calles the shots between them and has first choice of food/sleeping area/toys area etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.