• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Don't know what to do with the unwanted bags of pellets.

Kylie80

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The piggies have 3 bags of pellets here that they have flat out refused to eat, I have tried them again a couple months later and it's a no go and of course if one piggy won't eat them then naturally the other one won't eat them either. Now I don't know what to do with them. We have no rescues or RSPCA here for miles, our last pet store closed down here 6 months ago (really weird standing in the spot you first saw your guinea pigs which now has a hat stand with overpriced handbags on it now lol), I thought about advertising them on gumtree or facebook for free but felt weird about it as I would never buy opened pellets for the girls on those sites as some people are idiots and contaminate food. I'm thinking maybe I should just chuck them out as they weren't overly expensive brands just cheaper brand's I had hoped they would like so I could wean them off the expensive Oxbow and Burgess but they love them so I will continue buying them for them as at least they eat them. They really should appreciate me more, most humans don't get fed this well.

My OH always says the guinea pigs get better fed than we do!
Could you ask around your area if anyone has guinea pigs and would like to try them, anyone who met you is going to know you wouldn't contaminate them.

Back