• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Dose anyone have 3 or more boars living together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have 3 pairs of boars.

Two pairs are fine together but the other pair who had been fine for months seem to have fallen out. They don't fight but just spend all their time ignoring each other. I feel I should do something about it because they seem unhappy.
I was thinking of splitting them and seeing how they get on with the other boys so I'd end up with 2 groups of 3.

Id really welcome and thoughts or suggestions.

I have 3 boars living together happily. The oldest and dominant one, Bob, is really friendly and gets along with all piggies. The younger two, Enrico and Fluffy, are about the same age and have been raised together. They all get along fine, and never fight.

But, I've heard it's difficult to get more than 2 boars to happily live together. Good luck with yours!

Personally I would keep them as 3 pairs. It is hard to keep more than 2 males together, and it could result in you having 6 single males, which wouldn't be benificial to any of them.

I have three boys together - two brothers and the son of one - there were a few scuffles, but after a few castrations, they sorted out their pecking order and get on fine now. This was probably helped though, by the fact that two were adults and one was a baby.

I tried to have my three boys together this week to see if I could avoid getting a 4th piggie to replace Bugsy who sadly passed away...they got on fine for about 24 hours and then Snickers couldn't decide who he didn't like the most more...Cadbury or Darwin so I made the decision to leave Cabs and Darwin together and get a new cagemate for Snickers...it does seem a bit hit and miss with 3 or more boars sharing...it either works or it doesn't.

i have 4 boars living together and although they don't fully fight they do bicker but they will sleep together so there is hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back