• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dot has bloat

D

DMS260820

Anyone know how long to take Dot off of veg whilst she is recovering from bloat? Shes doing will and has been seen by my vet and is on all the meds. Just dont know how long to stop it. The bloat has gone down alot already

When did it start? I usually wait for 48 hours after the poop returns to normal and all signs have gone. Then only introduce one veg in a tiny amount at one time.

When did it start? I usually wait for 48 hours after the poop returns to normal and all signs have gone. Then only introduce one veg in a tiny amount at one time.
I dont actually know, i found her like it at about 4pm today, so il treat that as the start of the 48 hours then.

Only thing is, her poops arent normal now anyway, because of the sort of tumour thing she has at the moment, so il just keep feeling her sides

Oh poor Dot. Definitely don’t give her any veg tomorrow and see how she is on Friday. I give Pro C when they are bloaty so don’t worry about vitamin c consumption. I hope she soon feels better.

Oh poor Dot. Definitely don’t give her any veg tomorrow and see how she is on Friday. I give Pro C when they are bloaty so don’t worry about vitamin c consumption. I hope she soon feels better.
Thanks so much☺. I have pro c in stock👍. Shes really going through a rough patch at the moment, but itl be over soon

Poor little Dot, apart from giving her tummy massages & staying off the veg as Vicki says.
just wishing Dot speedy recovery & healing vibes being sent your way xx

Poor little Dot, apart from giving her tummy massages & staying off the veg as Vicki says.
just wishing Dot speedy recovery & healing vibes being sent your way xx
Thankyou☺. Shes on 3 different bloat meds now, loxicom painkiller and antibiotics😐 lol, shes a junkie.

That's good. When Betsy had bloat, I was massaging her tummy (she complained like mad cos she didn't like it - I guess it hurt) then all of a sudden she deflated like a balloon.

That's good. When Betsy had bloat, I was massaging her tummy (she complained like mad cos she didn't like it - I guess it hurt) then all of a sudden she deflated like a balloon.
Yea massages work a treat, i would have used this method again, if it wasnt for Dots uterine growth thing🤔

Aw just saw this, poor Dot! Bloaty Puggle sends healing sympathetic wheeks and says to stay off the coriander. We found with Puggle that a bit of cucumber or red pepper or carrot were ok as the first veg to try when she was better, just leave out any leaves for a week or two... though I've read that some piggies bloat with root veg too so be careful with the carrots, Puggle is very carrot focused and thin so we tried carrots first and it was fine but maybe not for all piggies. Maybe because Puggle is ginger she likes orange coloured foods and also favours the orange fleecy tunnel as her favorite bed.. but that's sounding a bit like my mother-in-law's strange ideas about star signs and blood groups and gluten so ignore that and just stay off the leaves! Get well soon Dot :) x

I'm going to start her back on pepper first . Il definitly bring parnsip and coriander and cucumber back last.

Dot has looked out of shape for a long time now. Months infact. Now i have got her on emeprid, zantac and one other🤔. She has gone back to a normal guinea pig shape, but looks skinny ish. I think she has had mild bloat for quite some time😐. I may have to start syringe feeding. But il check her weight out tomorrow and go from there.

She is eating hay still but i have a feeling not enough

Thanks everyone. I'm sure she will be ok. Just need to keep her weight up until may 3rd ( op day). If she gets relief from that, then she should start stuffing her fat face again 😊

Back