• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Drama-pig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katanamoon

Photo Competition Winner
Reaction score
I had a massive panic this morning when I came downstairs to give the piggers their breakfast :(

First off, some of their (admittedly very late) dinner from the night before was still sitting in the bowl, which in itself is a bit odd. The bit that got me was Thor, who was making a really loud grunting noise, exactly like a pig, which seemed to be in time with his breathing. I got straight on the phone to the vet - who fitted us in straight away - bunged everyone into the carrier and took them round. Vet gave him a very thorough checkup - felt all around his tummy, checked his bum and boy bits, looked in his horrible lettucey mouth, listened to heart and lungs... absolutely nothing wrong.

So to add to Thor's already weird repertoire of popcorning with his head on one side like he's having a seizure, bucking like a mad racehorse and just generally being a bit inbred, we now have grunting like a pig and a potential reputation for being total hypochondriacs :roll:

Vet did give him a precautionary injection of painkiller just in case, but Thor seems absolutely fine. Nutter.

katanamoon

Photo Competition Winner
Reaction score
Butter wouldn't melt now - £38 to be told I have a perfectly healthy guinea pig (plus the jab). He'd better start practising his cute face! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.