Dreadfully Sad news from Cavy Corner

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
I have just seen on FB that Winston (co-founder of Cavy Corner) died suddenly yesterday.

I had the honour of meeting him several times at events. He was truly one of the kindest souls, usually to be found at events syringe feeding someone who needed support whilst offering help and advice to anyone who needed it.

My heart goes out to Sue, his wife.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Condolences to his family.

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I have just seen it on Facebook... really shocked me and its just so sad... having met Winston several times he was a true gentleman.. x

Claire W

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I’ve heard too :( Such sad news. I too have met Winston at many Cavy Corner events. He was such a gentle and caring man.

My thoughts are with Sue at this very sad time xx

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh gosh what sad news. I never met Winston but I have heard many great things about him. My thoughts go out to his family and friends

Sar

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've just seen this on FB. We met Winston several times at events or at CC & he was always lovely. He taught us how to syringe feed, with lots of patience and kind words.

Such a loss to guinea pigs & our thoughts are with Sue, CC & all that knew him.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I am so very sorry to read the bad news!

Like so many forum members, I have met Winston at a number of Cavy Corner events over the years; he was the kindest and gentlest person imaginable with a heart big enough to encompass a whole sanctuary, all his special syringe feeding charges and still have plenty of space for humans.

My heart goes out to Sue. My thoughts are with her, the family and all of their closest friends.

Julie M

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. Thoughts are with all Winstons family and friends.

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
I've just seen the awful news, on Facebook. I first met Winston and Sue, many years ago, when they brought Archie to me! Archie had dreadful dental disease and became one of my very extra special ones. From the minute I started to talk with Winston, I could tell instantly, what a kind, caring and special person he was! My thoughts are with Sue and everyone who loved Winston x

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I also read this sad news on Facebook. Like a number of other forum members i had met Winston at Cavy Corner events and found him to be a lovely, caring and a true gentleman. My thoughts are with Sue and their family and friends, and all at Cavy Corner.

I am sure Winston has been met at the rainbow bridge by a chorus of wheeking piggies so happy to see their much loved friend. x

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I also read this sad news on Facebook. Like a number of other forum members i had met Winston at Cavy Corner events and found him to be a lovely, caring and a true gentleman. My thoughts are with Sue and their family and friends, and all at Cavy Corner.

I am sure Winston has been met at the rainbow bridge by a chorus of wheeking piggies so happy to see their much loved friend. x
Aww that's a lovely thought 💙 x

Little Ones

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I met Winston twice, the first time with Sue and the second it was just him as she was unwell. We spoke on the phone several times too. I always thought he seemed a nice man, easy to talk to. What always came across was how proud he was of Cavy Corner and the work he and Sue do/did there. He would always mention how much their Facebook page had grown, and how they had nursed certain piggies back to health. It was sad to read of his passing. Like all owners of reputable rescues, his heart, soul and all his time was devoted to the piggies in their care. May he rest in peace, it’s just so sad.

munchmonster

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I am not on FB but have just logged on to the forum and read this devastating news. I never met Winston but have have visited Cavy Corner to adopt Annie and found it a loving environment. Sue is such a lovely, caring person and words cannot express how sorry I am to hear this. All I can do is send loving vibes to Sue and her friends as they grieve. Rest in peace Winston