• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

dribbling teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have noticed this evening that my piggie has been alot quieter than usual, and tonight I haven't seen I'm eating:(

I lifted him out ad his chin is all wet so I looked at his teeth and the front top ones look fairly long but not sure what is normal?

Ringing the vets in the morning but is there anything I can do in the meantime? and could this be his teeth he still feels a good weight?

yes, I weigh them regularly and the last time I did he hadn't lost any weight, he seems to have gone downhill overnight he has been fine up untill now

i would weigh daily and keep a very close eye on him.

Maybe you could slice veg really thing and/or grate carrot etc to make it easier?

Vets appointment definately i would say.

Sending massive vibes xx

Thank you I have given him some soft veg tonight, and will ring the vets first thing they can usually fit me in same day:))

let us know wont you, i posted a thread about my first piggy i ever had yesterday, i lost him just after his first birthday to teeth problems, its heartbreaking, and i think the sooner you spot it and sort it the better.

Sadly, after his second g/a he went he just did not recover properly, it was too much for him due to his weight loss.

i think from what i have learnt since then whilst i hve been on this forum, i wouldnt let a piggy have g/a for teeth ever again.

Good luck love x

let us know wont you, i posted a thread about my first piggy i ever had yesterday, i lost him just after his first birthday to teeth problems, its heartbreaking, and i think the sooner you spot it and sort it the better.

Sadly, after his second g/a he went he just did not recover properly, it was too much for him due to his weight loss.

i think from what i have learnt since then whilst i hve been on this forum, i wouldnt let a piggy have g/a for teeth ever again.

Good luck love x

I will keep you updated!x

I'm sorry to hear about your first piggie just read your thread:( The thing is these things just creep up on you, and when you notice something is wrong sometimes it's too late. We put our trust in the vets and thats all we can do and we trust their judgement but now I know about GA being not good for teeth I will make it clear to the vet.

Going through teeth problems with my little Smores, so I know how you feel. Best wishes...hope it turns out to be a minor thing. :)

Good luck and hope it goes okay.

Mine is at the vets tomorrow as I suspect he is having teeth problems again..

His appointment (Patch) is 3.30 today, I put him and his friend biscuit in their indoor run this morning and he perked up a bit, ate some cucumber and a tiny bit of hay but now he is hiding in his cozy:(

Checked his teeth in the daylight the bottom ones look quite long, checked the other piggies to compare and biscuit's are much shorter little wotsit sunk his teeth in my finger for the pivilage! ouch.

Usually that means there is a problem with the molars. Mine more than likely has this again as his lowers are long.

Usually that means there is a problem with the molars. Mine more than likely has this again as his lowers are long.

Really? I don't know alot about teeth, if it is what does the vet do do you know?

Well I went to a rodentologist last time (cant this time as cant get to ipswich) and they clipped some spurs that were growing into his cheeks and noticed his had an ulcer as well. Within a day he stopped dribbling and this was about 6 weeks ago.. but this time I'm going to a vets :/ have to see what they say.

My piggy Toffee had very long top teeth and wasnt gaining the weight she shouldve been for a young pig. Took her to the vets and it was caused by molars growing towards each other in her case... they needed filed / grinded / cut (?) back and the front ones filed down. The chances are they will re-grow in my piggys case and this will need done regularly...

Best of luck with your appt - hope it goes well for you both

x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back