• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Dried bum

minipig2021

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello,
My 5-year old piggie seems to have a dry spot on her bum. It seems to be a bit poop clogged, to put it as delicately as i can. All day, I don’t see any recent wetness. I am concerned that this could be causing her a bit of constipation and uncomfortableness.
However every time i gently try to flip her, she freaks out. I don’t want to make her uncomfortable, but I also want to make her clean. Does anyone know of a way that I could either make it more comfortable for her when I flip her, or that I could clean her without flipping her?
Thanks!

You could try with a very gentle bum bath to soften the mess and remove it.

Bathing (including cleaning grease glands)

Please don't try to flip her - this is dangerous and could result in damage to her delicate spine.
A better way is to get someone to sit down and have them hold her firmly on her bottom and sit her up with her back to their tummy, so you can check the area more easily.
I hope that makes sense?

I just gave her a dry one, yes. I am now feeding her an abundance of kale and she is happily munching it up. She has also started using the restroom again over the time i cleaned her. Hopefully that means everything was successful. Thanks for all the help.

I have a pack of unscented baby wipes which I use to keep my Priscilla’s bum clean.
She’s long haired so stuff gets stuck!

Back