• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fr0ggy

My 2 new boars don't seem to be drinking very much at all-the bottle is going down but only very slightly. They are eating their fresh food so I know they are getting water from that and they seem happy enough but I just thought I'd see what experience everyone else has had with babies drinking (they are about 8 weeks old).

Thanks
xx

Mines don't drink atall really. Think they get enough water from their food ;D

They are all different. some drink a lot some hardly any. As long as you change the water regularly, and check that the water is coming out and not stuck, as sometimes happens with the bottles, I would'nt worry.

A lot of mine hardly ever drink anything. I assume they get their fluids from all the veg they eat!

Mine drink very little. I change the water in the bottle twice a day and always make sure that there is nothing stuck preventing them from drinking. Mine must get enough water from their veggies.... I wouldn't worry as long as the piggies are fine in themselves.

Well maybe this is just with Bimbi, but hes like a major pig, so he eats/drinks a lot. (hes so fat :D) Id check and see the bottle though. Like run your finger under the ball on the tip of it and see if enough water comes out, and if you have to push on it, think, is it too much for the guineas? Hope this helped. :)

Some of mine do, especially the H's, Angus & Fergus & others don't. It's individual to each pigger :)

Niki x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back