• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Driving Me Nuts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My little hand held Dyson ( it's 8 or 9 years old now) is great for getting hay cookie mess from the fleece! Yes the piggies are not impressed with the noise but if they didn't make hay cookie trails around the cage I wouldn't need to use it as long as I do. Not that it's on for hours, more like 30-45 seconds, but to piggies that's ages...I hold down the fleece just to be certain it doesn't move.

The white hair on the dark fleece is posing a problem here too!
White hair on my black jumper is also a problem, especially when I don't notice it until someone at works points it out! :doh::))

Hair ! It's the bane of my life....... I also bash my fleece outside on a wall..... can't stand hair on me... good job I love the piggies .... never get it all off.... I just try and ignore it :whistle::whistle:

Reactions: Tim
I have resorted to having specific clothes that I wear to clean and feed the guinea pigs, So much hair and hay everywhere I gave up trying to get it off all my nice clothes!

I have been in public with hairy clothes...yes, someone noticed, no, I'm not embarrassed! Duncan's white hairs showed up beautifully all over my dark fleece jacket, my brother's black jeans, the dark purple fleece...It seems to come off in the wash.

I put the fleece on a low heat in the tumble dryer gets them out, then u just wipe the filter clean each time. Some of my fleeces even have the waterproof liners on them and they r fine on a low heat too. Works for me anyway...

I have resorted to having specific clothes that I wear to clean and feed the guinea pigs, So much hair and hay everywhere I gave up trying to get it off all my nice clothes!
I have specific clothes I wear for lap time and cage cleaning. Usually something old that I dont care if they get fur all over (or pee lol).

I have been in public with hairy clothes...yes, someone noticed, no, I'm not embarrassed! Duncan's white hairs showed up beautifully all over my dark fleece jacket, my brother's black jeans, the dark purple fleece...It seems to come off in the wash.
I wouldn't be embarrassed either. Half the people you see on the street probably have fur all over their clothes from various animals. I still have cat fur over all mine and I dont have a cat anymore.

I have an old fleece for lap time.

The problem is, I forget to put it on. Got all hairs out of my main fleece on Sunday. Just put Poppy and Smudge back in the cage and now my red fleece is covered in white hairs. Even where Poppy didn't cuddle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back