• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dry Cracked Foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock_hen

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hoi I just clipped my two babies claws for the first time, oh dear what a trauma. Anyway I noticed one of the girls back foot is looking druy and a bit cracked kind of like if we had eczema or perhaps athletes foot? There is a tiny tiny red area as if the skin has broken but the rest ( a little bit on the lower parts of the pad and between the toes) looks dry. We have put some moisturising cream we got for dry skin a few weeks agpo from gorgeous piggiies but it's not specifically for feet. I'm just a bit concerned :'( all the other feet look fine and lovely and the other girl has no problems.
They are on fleece which I spot clean and change every 3 days.

I will try, I will just give her a bit of time to recover from claw clipping I only have a rubbish camera and she is the wriggly one of the 2 but I will try my best :-)

Sorry I have no idea why so many pics have appeared! It was very hard to take a pic, she wriggled lots and nipped me :-( couldnt really get a between the toes pic at all

Thank you, the reason I asked for photos was to rule out Bumblefoot and it doesn't look like that which is good. I would think it is dry skin and you could use Sudocrem if needed. If you are worried though you could get her checked by a vet just to make sure it isn't any kind of infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back