• Halloween themed fun Photo Competition Out-takes Click here

Dry Humping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnie1231

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi just asking for some advice again. We've had our 2 little piggies a year now and they get on great, there was some humping after 2/3 months but recently ( last couple of months) there's been nothing. But recently I've seen truffle , who is the dominant one jumping on mocha and trying to Hump him. Mocha is lovely little Guinea pig but he has always been extremely jumpy and scared easy by the smallest movements sometimes. Was just wondering wether this is normal behaviour? Thanks in advance

Jesse's pigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It could just be hormones -how old are they? I would think it's just them reasserting dominance and wouldn't worry too much unless blood is drawn or one piggy is preventing another from eating or drinking.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
hi just asking for some advice again. We've had our 2 little piggies a year now and they get on great, there was some humping after 2/3 months but recently ( last couple of months) there's been nothing. But recently I've seen truffle , who is the dominant one jumping on mocha and trying to Hump him. Mocha is lovely little Guinea pig but he has always been extremely jumpy and scared easy by the smallest movements sometimes. Was just wondering wether this is normal behaviour? Thanks in advance
Boar humping is normal. Somtimes boars past the teenage months of 4-14 months can still experience hormonal spikes, but these are usually over in a day or two. If necessary, split the cage overnight; it won't break the bond.

Winnie1231

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well we had them when they were 12 weeks and had them in June so there about 11 months old give it take. Mocha does seem fine, even thou he isn't the dominat one he'll quite happily take food from truffle. It's just a bit uncomfortable to see.

Winnie1231

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry for my maths. There about 13/14 months old

Status
Not open for further replies.