• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dry patch above eye

squeakymclean

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi
I've just noticed a dry patch above my Guinea pigs eye. Does anyone know what it might be? I'm thinking of keeping an eye on it to see if it gets better and take to the vet if not clearing in a few days

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
You can add a photo by clicking on the ’attach files’ button below the message box.
we cannot diagnose though, only a vet can do that prescribe the correct treatment.
ln the face, near the eyes is a typical place for ringworm to start though so, while without a picture we can’t even guess, it is a possibility. ringworm being highly contagious means you should exercise rigorous hygiene and see a vet promptly.

squeakymclean

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Ok.. I will make an appointment with the vet. I can't see the attach file button. Maybe because I'm on my phone. Will try on laptop after tea! Thank you

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
It’s below the box where you type the text.
794C004B-8471-496B-973B-72D6F2B94D47.jpeg