• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dry Skin On Foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry&lloyd

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi, I was cutting Katie's nails today and noticed on her front paw she was a piece of dry hard yellow skin. There's no redness or weeping, it possible looks a bit swollen but hard to tell. I tried to take a picture but can't get a clear shot. Is this the same thing as bumblefoot or just dry skin. Also any tips on getting rid of it would be appreciated.
Thanks

Thank you weikbe, I cleaned her foot with just warm water and a large chunk came away. I don't have any iodine but I'll try and keep it clean and dry. Would sudocream be ok to put on or is it unsafe for piggies

Thank you weikbe, I cleaned her foot with just warm water and a large chunk came away. I don't have any iodine but I'll try and keep it clean and dry. Would sudocream be ok to put on or is it unsafe for piggies

Sudocrem is OK. For disinfecting you can make your own saline solution by mixing 1 teaspoon of salt with 1 pint/500 ml of boiled cooled water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back