• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dry skin?

ricear

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
United States of America (South Carolina)
Hi! I wasn’t sure what thread to put this in. My piggie, Al, seems to have some minor dry skin? Does anyone know why? Or what I can do? His appetite is just fine and he isn’t losing weight or anything.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! I wasn’t sure what thread to put this in. My piggie, Al, seems to have some minor dry skin? Does anyone know why? Or what I can do? His appetite is just fine and he isn’t losing weight or anything.
Hi!

Can you please post a picture?

'Dry skin' can cover anything from a single skin flake to skin parasites or a fungal skin infection in member posts... We need a little more information in order to be able to give you any advice at all.

ricear

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
United States of America (South Carolina)
Hi!

Can you please post a picture?

'Dry skin' can cover anything from a single skin flake to skin parasites or a fungal skin infection in member posts... We need a little more information in order to be able to give you any advice at all.
I can try! He’s my wiggly-est piggie out of all of them. Best way to describe it is very very mild dandruff