• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Dryed out corn on the cob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy the dried ones in most pet shops but why not give them the fresh ones - my piggies go mental for them rolleyes

They can, but as it's sweetcorn season right now it is very easy to get cheap, fresh corn on the cobs! I do like the dried ones for my piggies, but not when they can get the fresh stuff! Lidl's selling them for 24p each at the moment, and other supermarkets as mentioned above are dead cheap for them too!

They can eat the lot, so get some and throw it in and see what happens! Mine go nuts for it!

I'd give the fresh ones. One of my girls broke her two front teeth on one of the dried ones.

I'm scared to give Mini G the dried corn on the cob because she got one piece of corn stuck on her teeth before! Luckily I was watching her as it happened and managed to get it out!

Might try and see about the fresh corn though :)

x

drying and cooking just takes the goodness out. :)

And dont take the leaves or silks off either, that is very good for the pigs.

Bought some dried ones for my GPs and after 2 weeks in the cage, they hadnt touched it! So wont do that again. Will try the fresh ones though. They do like just about everything else veggie/fruity that I give them.

Mine love the frsh corn with the husks still on. They decend like vultures!

Mine love the fresh sweetcorn too! Its in season too so easy to come by!

Mine love it and I leave the leaves on, but I cut the stringy bits of the end. Should I leave them on too?

I agree, I wouldn't risk it. I only buy human grade veggies for my animals, if it's safe for me, it's safe for them! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back