• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dukey update :o(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Poor little man he's just like George (big kisses to you George :-*) he wont eat now at all.
So i'm now syringe feeding CC with baby apple 3 times a day, and once a day syringe feeding mushed
up pellets with baby banana & pear, plus he seems to be OK with syringing a mixture that i've pureed up
of watermelon, canteloupe, grape and apple. Today i poked into his mouth teensy bits of tinned pears
in natural juice which made him move his jaw.
I remember reading somewhere on here that if they don't eat for awhile their little jaws go slack and don't work
any more so i'm trying for that not to happen.
Cross all little paws and keep us in your thoughts as this little man, now 640 grams is really struggling.
I still love him to bits and kiss his ears and nose as much as i can. :-* :-* :-* :-*
Loves you Dukey boy :-*

Oh poor Duke and poor you. I really feel for you Glynis. I know exactly what you're going through. There isn't even anything I can suggest that will help him because you're doing all you can. Isn't there anyone where you are who would clip his teeth? It might be worth asking. They could ring Vedra and she would tell them how to do it. Its such a shame you're so far away.

Big hugs and kisses to you and Duke. :-* :-*

Aww, terrible news :(

You are doing your best, Glynis and it's a great thing what you are doing :) I agree with Debbie if you can either find someone to clip his teeth or do it yourself :)

Lots of love

x

I wish you were in Bath and could go to Roger. He's great.

Poor Duke. I know how painful this is for you, and for Debbie with George, as I had it all with darling Doctor Atkins. There's nothing I can say to make it better, Just know I'm thinking of you and him.x

Thanks guys you're all terrific it does help to have the support :-*

He was interested in the slushy mix of watermelon etc this morning so gave him at least a tablespoon full.
Still not interested much in eating so again i chopped up tiny pieces of canned pears and popped it into
his mouth to make him chew, he didn't flinch or squeak so i'm hoping that means it wasn't painful for him.
Dee's home till about 2pm today so she will monitor him and feed him.

Lots of love and healing thoughts to all the other sick piggies :-* :-*

You really do need to be feeding him something to help restore his weight or at least stop it falling lower. George is on the Galens Garden Nutri powder mixed with Ready Brek (hot oat cereal) to give it bulk.

http://www.galensgarden.co.uk/shop/products.php?cat=8

Rather worryingly, it says its out of stock but if you email her she will be able to tell you when she'll have more.

Or get some Critical Care which you can get from Thistle Cavies.

Give him a kiss from me :)

Totally agree with you Debbie :)

They post worldwide so if you can get some Glynis, it would be fab :)

Love to Duke x

I have been here too with Munchkin so i know exactly what your going through. I gave Munchy critical care and smoothies by syringe feed. If you can get hold of some critical care it is wonderful stuff.

I'm thinking of you and sending lots of hugs to Duke.

Oh sorry i didn't make myself clear, a bit worried and not thinking straight :D :D
He does have critical care mixed with baby apple puree which we syringe about 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons per feed.
He surprised us this morning Dee weighed him 630 grams this is only a loss of 2 grams from yesterday.
We are trying very hard for this little man, i'm bugging the grocers near me for any new fruits and fresh greens daily ;)
Today is going to be 39 degrees a real stinker i know he's downstairs in the coolest room of the house but i'll be worried
until i get home, Scott hopefully will feed him (once he wakes up SIGH) if he's going out i'll be nicking home to feed and
give him lots of water and fruit slushy mix.
Thanks for all your concern :-* :-*

39 degrees! :o :o Jesus God how do you cope with that heat? :o

Poor little man. Its a good thing he has a mum that loves him so much. :-*

It's been bloody revolting today got to 41 degrees out here in Croydon UGH
Too make it worse the electricity went off cause something to do with the main line coming down from New South Wales
and the fires and our area is in the NOT SO IMPORTANT area so our power gets cut off wtf!!

Dukey has tried the potato mash, mmm not so sure tried it but didn't like it but didn't hate it sooo will have another go again tomorrow. Had heaps of his slushy mix of watermelon, canteloupe and pears this time plus water and the plus side is i weighed him when i got home at 4pm and he was up 4 grams. I know this is not much but it's not a loss so i'm very pleased with him and told him how wonderful he was. He also ate nearly one whole section of a mandarine by himself, that's a plus too.

Can you pass on some of your rain and cool wether PLEASE i'm begging..........

Good old Dukey. 4 grams on is better than any more off. He's a good boy :)

try the hot oat cereal - do you have that where you are?

41 degrees! its making me feel light headed just thinking about it. A bucketful of rain on its way to you ;D

Yeah i think so, as i said will go shopping tomorrow.

Thanks again, sorry about to go to bed it's 11:30pm and Scott wants to chat to his mates, i think i've had my fair share tonight and OH hasn't cracked it YEAH.

Rain great, we missed the last lot that came through a few hours ago, it went straight over Bass Straight (the water below Victoria) a real bummer.

Nite Nite all, sleep tight hope you all have a great day :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* Speak to you tomorrow in OZ land

Good morning and good evening to you all :) :)

Reporting that the Dukey boy has GAINED about 10-12 grams as of yesterday morning :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Very proud of his efforts, he even this morning was good with his CC feed, and just lapped up heaps of water and the slushy mix of the fruits. He also managed to eat a couple of pieces of watermelon and canteloupe and i think he's eaten some pellet mix last night as the bowl was disturbed this morning. Here's hoping that his toofies don't bug him again too quickly i don't think his little system can keep on yo yoing like this.

Again it's going to be about 37 degrees today so i'm happy that he's had plenty of fluids. Granny loves you Dukey boy :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back