• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Dulcie May

helen105281

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
20170730_222621.jpg 20171007_181313.jpg 20171123_213153.jpg 20171127_123758.jpg Some of you will have seen her medical thread already but I wanted to do a proper tribute. Last Monday Dulcie was diagnosed with a retrobulbar abscess and went through surgery to remove it. The op went really well but unfortunately she must have had an underlying gut issue and developed bloat the next day. She was admitted to the vets and received the best care possible but on Friday it was clear that we were fighting a battle we weren't going to win and had to let her go. Simon her vet has been amazing throughout and even took her home overnight to give her round the clock care. He is as gutted as we are, especially as her eye socket was healing perfectly so without the bloat she would have made a good recovery. @furryfriends (TEAS) has also been wonderful, looking after Dulcie straight after her op and giving me loads of support. She was also there with Dulcie when she was PTS and I will forever be grateful for that.

Dulcie came to us in May 2016 from my lovely friend Gigi (previously a very well loved member on here). She had lost her beloved boar Mooli and Dulcie was in need of friendship as she did not really get on with her remaining sow. Our Barley had not long lost his friend Ellie so it was the perfect match and they lived very happily together until a few months ago when we lost Barley suddenly. Dulcie also recently developed cataracts which she coped with so well. She was fully blind before her op so losing her eye would not have worried her. My favourite memory of Dulcie was when I found her wheeking for her veg but facing the sideboard instead of the kitchen, bless her.

Gigi had done a wonderful job of getting Dulcie used to humans and she was the cuddliest of our pigs. Though the longer she stayed with us, the more of a fidget bum she became as she wanted to see what was going on with her friends. Since her cataracts developed though she would look to us for guidance.

We will all miss her so much and wish the outcome could have been different. Sweet dreams beautiful, hope you are now reunited with your Mooli and Barley. Love you xx

Oh Gosh, another little one Helen. I am so sorry, she was such a pretty little lady one of Piggyfan's beautiful piggies, who I know had had an amazing life with Gigi and yourself. Pass my love onto Gigi should you speak.

You really did all you could for her. Massive hugs to you and Ross x x

Sleep well pretty little lady

RIP Dulcie
x x

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear this.
You did so much for her and she had such a loving home.
You be gentle with yourself as you grieve.

I'm so sorry Helen :( You are having a really tough time at the moment. Sending all my love and hugs to you all. Run free little Dulcie May xx

So sorry to hear about Dulcie May. Sounds like you have had a horrible time lately. Sending you hugs. Sleep tight little Dulcie May. xx

This little lady really touched my heart, when she was here last week. I'm heartbroken and gutted that, despite the amazing efforts and dedication of Simon Maddock and his team, she couldn't get better.

Sleep tight Dulcie May! Another bright star in the sky!

x

Oh Helen :( I’m so gutted for you, massive hugs to you and Ross:hug:
Rest in peace sweet Dolcie xx

I am truly sorry that despite all your wonderful care you have lost Dulcie-May. You did everything you could for her. Hugest hugs xx

So sorry about Dulcie May - what a rubbish year for you with piggies illnesses this year.
Love the last nose/lips picture with casual hay munching

I am so sorry; you have all done your very best to save her. It is so sad that it wasn't to be! :(

RIP Dulcie May

Back