• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Dumped in a Layby! - 2 Lovely Boars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Vikki had a call from an nice gentleman who had found 2 guineas in a layby. As he was near me (5 minutes from where I work!), and I wasn't busy, I went to collect them. He was a bit sketchy on the details, I asked what sort of condition they were in and his wife said 'oh we haven't poked them about or anything', bless her. They had bought hay and food for them and given them some carrot.

When I got there you could honestly smell them before you saw them. They had obviously been in the cat carrier (which had no food or bedding of any sort in it) for some time. The gentleman only found them because he heard scratching - they had been dumped in a hedge in the layby.

This is what I found:

Boy 1:

DSCN1934.jpg

DSCN1936.jpg

His bottom:

DSCN1935.jpg

His little face:

DSCN1928.jpg

Boy 2:

DSCN1905.jpg

Bald patches:

DSCN1904.jpg

Underneath:

DSCN1917.jpg

How skinny?

DSCN1918.jpg

His bottom:
DSCN1924.jpg

Inside the cat carrier (the man who found them had added hay - it was empty when found):

DSCN1956.jpg

I've never smelt anything like it - they smelt like fox pooh! So took them home, gave them some food, kept them warm, straight to vets in morning - underneath it all they seem to be ok, just obviously underweight, dehydrated and dirty, one had a few mites. They are such sweet natured boys, keen to get the syringe with the BioLapis in, bless them - despite all they've been through. I spent the journey home alternately very upset about the state of them, and ANGRY at whoever had left them to die like this. Given their poor condition and the state of the carrier I think they must have been there for several days - and we've had snow here! I'm honestly surprised they were still alive.

Very pleased that thanks to Vikki I had both Critical Care and BioLapis in my cupboard! I was very thankful for both!

The boys are on the mend and I will post some new pics of them soon so that you can see the difference.

Sophie
x

o bless gd job tht man found them
some ppl these days
can be so cruel
All the best
Anz x

What gorgeous boys! So glad they were found. More has to be done to stop this kind of thing from happening. How can people be so cruel! :'(

Your a star Sophie. What was that about no more boars? ;D Keep us posted on how they are, they are stunning little fellas. How old would you say they were?

that is terrible. Good job someone found them and thought to help them out. I can't believe people are so cruel, if they didn't want them anymore why not ring a rescue centre and at least leave them with someone who would care for them >:(

They look like young boars to me - def. less than 6 months old, probably only 4 or 5 months.

They were not even dumped somewhere obvious so that they'd be found, by the sounds of it - in a hedge in the layby. Can't believe the people who did it can sleep at night. If I came face to face with them... well, I can't say what I'd do!

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Sophie
x

Bless them, I know I moan at free ads but at least people are trying to get homes this way is just barbaric!

Can't wait t see how they are on new pics I love the white one, such a gorgeous face! :smitten:

Can't wait t see how they are on new pics I love the white one, such a gorgeous face!

He looks pink-eyed in these pics but he is a dark-eyed white. The other one has got the most amazing coat now he is clean - he sparkles, like glitter! They are just so trusting when I'm feeding them, and when I bathed them they both tried to bite the tap to get to the water - they've obviously been so dehydrated and desperate.

The mites already seem under control but he's got more hair loss, I think due to barbering because they had nothing to eat. :tickedoff:

Will post new pics, they're much nicer!

Sophie
x

Great write up! Really makes you feel emotional reading that. :'(

Yes it's great isn't it! I can't get my words down like that - it's like a proper sort of chapter in a book or something.

Honestly though the smell - I can still smell it in my car, such a stench - poor guys still smell a little after two shampoohs!

Sophie
x

This kind of thing makes me so angry >:( I can't express how I feel about these kinds of people on a family forum!

Thank goodness they were found - great job for looking after them Sophie.

Don't know how anyone could do that :tickedoff:

They look soooo much better now, well done Sophie & Vikki :)

Boureki said:
This kind of thing makes me so angry >:( I can't express how I feel about these kinds of people on a family forum!

LOL, that's exactly how I feel!

Even my Mum (who is sick of me having so many guinea pigs - even though I've got my own house) got really upset when I showed them to her - it's just beyond belief that someone would do that. And it was a nice new cat carrier they were dumped in - must have cost a bit!

Sophie
x

what OMG thats so cruel why would you do that.

if somebody dont want there pets how hard isit to take them to somebody who can give them love and care.

Your mum sounds like mine Sophie. She cried buckets when Cuzzy died I was like 98) I thought you didn't like them! But anyone with a heart would be moved by this.

I am totally abhorred at this :tickedoff: & have a lump in my throat after reading Vikki's write up.

I wish these 2 beautiful boys all the best & hope they find their forever home where they will be lavished with the care & attention they so deserve :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back