• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ear Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Lentil has so much ear wax! Out of all my 14 boars Ive had he is the only one who has ever had a build up!

How do you get rid of it? Some people say use Otocleans to help loosen it

Hes such a cheeky little boar and I tried to get some out last night but he wouldnt stop wiggling around so I couldnt :/

lol, no idea, none of my boys have excessive ear wax, sorry i cant help.

keep meaning to ask you, who is that on your avatar pic? he's got a lovely face and colouring x)

lol, no idea, none of my boys have excessive ear wax, sorry i cant help.

keep meaning to ask you, who is that on your avatar pic? he's got a lovely face and colouring x)

No worries

Thats Fennel x) He died in October from a URI but he hadn't showed any symptoms until it was too late :0 He was a lilac tri-coloured and a lovely little fella x)

Is he your teddy / rex boy? For some reason the rex type piggies including texels etc. do seem to have much more ear wax than smooth / straight haired breeds.

Otodex will clear it, or just bathe in warm water with cotton wool.

Sophie
x

Is he your teddy / rex boy? For some reason the rex type piggies including texels etc. do seem to have much more ear wax than smooth / straight haired breeds.

Otodex will clear it, or just bathe in warm water with cotton wool.

Sophie
x

Yeah he is Sophie, I had heard that Rexs seem to have more ear wax than other breeds.

I'll try warm water with cotton wool and if that doesnt work ill get some otodex

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back