• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

eaten plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahchad

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Please help my guinea pigs have managed to nibble on a liner that I put at the bottem off their cage and didnt cover up properly, its one of those kiddy night time dry matts, I heard before that their is something you can give them to stop it from building up in their bowels and causing an obstruction but I can remember what it is? Does anyone know??

piggiewiggie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi hun was just a bit of it eaten? If their is no obstruction then i think your pig will be ok. But someone who knows more will come along and tell you soon probably, dont worry. :)

flips

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As long as it was only a little bit I wouldn't be overly concerned. My pigs frequently have a nibble at the correx or pvc mat when they manage to uncover it. I've seen pic on here where a pig has eaten their way through a pigloo.

:)

sarahchad

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
it wasnt really lots but I have had a piggy die from this so a bit worried.I feel a bit stupid for letting it happen again really. It was ages after that the odstruction started from when he ate a corner of a photograph.

ajb

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You can give 1ml of medical mineral oil (sold as a laxative in chemists).

Status
Not open for further replies.