• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Eating Hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

babydoll

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I had Harley up on the sofa earlier for a cuddle and his hair around his face area looks like hes been attacked by a pair of scissors its really short hes a Peruvian it wasn't like that yesterday then I notice cheeky little Romeo eating his hair lol my boys beautiful hair :eek: I could cry will it grow back? and is there anyway to stop Romeo from chewing his hair or will he grow out of it? :help: Harley seems a bit cheesed off tonight :(

Littlepig&co

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'll be interested to see the replies! I caught my girl Delilah barbering Daisy's hair tonight!

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
It is called barbering. Most pigs grow out of it, it doesn't usually caused a problem unless it's so severe it's down to the skin. My girls have had barbering sessions in the past, Tikka, was even given a whole new hair do.

babydoll

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It is called barbering. Most pigs grow out of it, it doesn't usually caused a problem unless it's so severe it's down to the skin. My girls have had barbering sessions in the past, Tikka, was even given a whole new hair do.
oh god don't say that lol poor Harley :lol!:

Status
Not open for further replies.