• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eating time

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amsy1991

I f my 2 piggis twic a ay.Hr is thir foo schual:

[colorr]Morning Mal-1 bowl of frsh Grty Guina pig f#

[colorr]Miay Snack-arrot,ucumbr an mayb half a tomato.

[colorr]Aftrnoon Mal-Half a bowl of Grty Guina pig f(or 1 bowl in th wintr.)

[colorr]Evning-2 carrots

Thy also go out in th run(on grass)for aroun 1 to 2 hours a ay.30mins in wintr if th wathr is ok for thm.Narly all ay in summr.

Am i fing thm ok? :-[ :-\ ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont forget the unlimited supply of hay and the fresh water but I am sure you give that anyway. Its good to space it out. I guess quantity wise it would depend on the size of your bowls. Veg wise its good to feed a variety of veg they can eat allsorts of stuff baby corn, celery, brocolli, spring greens, melon, bananna with skin etc so its good to give them different things sometimes in addition to things you feed everyday like carrot, cucumber

but generally sounds good! :)

:) Thanks!

I o give them pleanty of hay(although we need a new bag soon!hehe :D ) and i refill their water bottle every day and sometimes a refill it in the morn,midday AND :o at night! :D

Thanks again

Amy

Mine love basil but they really like the bags of salad you can buy. The last one we got they loved it had frisee or somethin like that in it. I think mine get too much sometimes because they don't eat all of it :)

Tesco have alot of bags of salad that is 2 for £1.60 or you can go in later at night and you can get some reduced if your not sure if they will like it then that way your not wasting too much money :D

It's the first place my mum goes to. If she sees basil she runs so no one else can get it :D

Is it ok to give lettuce I"ve always been told no,but would be great if I could as I grow my own in the summer!!!

Any lettuce apart from iceberg.I'm not too sure but I think a small amount is ok? Better to ask someone else about that because I haven't given mine iceberg

I've been told to reduce the amount of carrot to only a couple of pieces a week as it can increase kidney/bladder stones so I've increased greens, herbs etc.

lolseh said:
Tesco have alot of bags of salad that is 2 for £1.60 or you can go in later at night and you can get some reduced if your not sure if they will like it then that way your not wasting too much money :D
bev said:
I'm always at the reduced veg section ;D
lolseh said:
It's the first place my mum goes to. If she sees basil she runs so no one else can get it :D
Hehe,i'd better get there quick! :D

sallym said:
Is it ok to give lettuce I"ve always been told no,but would be great if I could as I grow my own in the summer!!!
lolseh said:
Any lettuce apart from iceberg.I'm not too sure but I think a small amount is ok? Better to ask someone else about that because I haven't given mine iceberg

Hmm yes i used to give lettuce but i stopped as we hardly buy it now.I'll ask my mum to get a small one!

kayjay said:
I've been told to reduce the amount of carrot to only a couple of pieces a week as it can increase kidney/bladder stones so I've increased greens, herbs etc.
Yes i don't normally feed them carrott all the time.I feed it them on Monday and Thursday or when i'm playing with them they get a little bit.But when i play they normally have cucumber as its their fav!

Amy x

p,s is potato good for them?

I meant I'm not sure if you can give a small amount of ice berg lettuce. But any other is fine. Mine used to like the little gem ones but they prefer the sruff you get in salads now :)

Dont forget parsley, coriander, spinach (occaisionally) etc

Curly kale is a good one as its yummy and good for them and one bag will last for ages in the fridge :)

Yes same here they only eat it out of the packet saleds you know the big ones?

Billies Mum said:
Dont forget parsley, coriander, spinach (occaisionally) etc

Curly kale is a good one as its yummy and good for them and one bag will last for ages in the fridge :)

Thanks for that,they need a change once in a while! :D

Sooty loves brocolli never seems interestead in the stalk bit tho. They like all types of cabbage aswell and small amounts of banana but not too often erm.. Misty likes pears and Brandy like the red bells peppers. That's all I can think of right now..

Thats a lot!Well done..lol.I'll remember where this topic is as i need some new veg ideas.And now i have loads! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back