• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Eating What They Shouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

artcasper

*Rescue Buddy*
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have just caught Pippin eating a bit of the cheap oil cloth fabric that is in their C&C cage.... Just worried it will do her harm ... Maybe I should not of got the grass design image.jpeg

I have just caught Pippin eating a bit of the cheap oil cloth fabric that is in their C&C cage.... Just worried it will do her harm ... Maybe I should not of got the grass design View attachment 43753

No, most likely not! Guinea pigs are very good at eating what they shouldn't (including wallpaper and all kinds of plastic), but they very rarely come to harm.

If necessary, keep an eye on them for the next 24 hours and see a promptly if there are problems.

I am fighting a running battle with mine getting under the fleece in their floor time pen and eating the shower curtain. Driving me mad!

I actually think they take great joy out of ripping things up and eating them. I used to have a couple of serial carpet eaters, i'm more than certain long term, it isn't good for them as carpet can't be digested and just travels through the system most of the time. It's why you can't take your eyes off of them when they're having floor time.

I accidently left a disposable glove in reach of one of mine. She ate the entire thumb from it and was fine. She's eaten Correx and vinyl table cloth too. In fact she's not the only one.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back